Welcome to the Hearth

Welcome to the Hearth

Monday, April 14, 2008

Laughter is the best medicine! (Sr. Mary Serious, got silly)


I'm not sure if this is your experience, when you get around one of your siblings, but it seems like being around my kid sister has brought the playful, little kid out in me. She does have a zany side to her and it just gets me going. The other day one of the volunteers gave me this little pig toy. When you press it's hand he starts snorting, swaying and squealing out a little song. It is such a riot, the serious goes out the window and both my sister and I go into a fit of laughter. I don't know when I have laughed so much. I realized I've just been way too serious lately, though, because the laughing is just so much dang fun! We had a pretty good day at the studio as far as sales go, the other day. It has been a bit scary to see the sales drop. It's the economy. It has become serious business. But, when "Mr. Bank" arrived and started singing and dancing, serious and scary flew out the window. Each time we made a sale someone reached over and made "Mr. Bank" dance and squeal. Then, we couldn't help ourselves we all started laughing. If you can find something in your life that is a laugh-maker, I would strongly urge you to bring it closer into your life and use it whenever you find yourself getting too serious. There is nothing that is quite so infectious than laughing out loud. I heard once that to keep yourself healthy and happy you should be hugged at least 10 times daily. I think about 10 really strong belly laughs should also be added to the daily requirement of soul medicine as well.

Push the arrow and have a chuckle at my first movie.


6 comments:

Kim Campbell said...

That is so funny! I love laughing until my stomach hurts and it doesn't happen enough.

I see the resemblence between you and your sister. have fun!

Penny said...

Indeed "Laughter is the best medicine". There is a commercial on television where this man is just laughing uproariously and every time I see it I start laughing too -- its infectious and such a joy.

Monique Kleinhans said...

Laughter is the best song on Earth...thank you for reminding me to make sure I'm signing it enough! ;)

For me the thing that can make me laugh like no other is the silliest little commercial of a kitten that sounds like a race car....I don't know why...I don't ask why...it just makes me laugh. :) (vroom vroom!)

(I've also been collecting some small beaver sticks that I think will make good arrow markers for the State land across the river that was so brutalized this past winter...could you send me a little more information or a link to find my way?) Blessings!

Brandi Reynolds said...

a friend of mine was just asking for ideas on how to unwind when all the 'stuff' of life gets overwhelming and until I said it, I didn't realize how much laughter helps me unwind and de-stress.

love your pig!!!

Ruth said...

Hello Kathryn - I just got a wonderful, totally unexpected gift from Robyn - your beautiful dreaming bowl! I had a real day of amazing gifts yesterday, which I am just writing about on my blog, so go and have look. Love, thanks and many blessings, Ruth x

Anonymous said...

I loved that, so funny :-)